Ever been electrocuted? It's not a pleasant experience. In most cases, it is best to avoid electrical shock by ensuring that your home's wiring is up to code and in good repair. However, you can't entirely avoid electrical problems like power surges, faulty outlets and breakers, and exposed wires. This is because your system is vulnerable to damage from weather, age, and even critters. When an electrical problem does occur, it is important to know when to call a professional residential electrical contractor. Here are four instances when you should contact a residential electrical contractor.
Electrocution or Severe Burns
If you or someone in your home suffers from electrocution or severe burns, it is important to call a residential electrical contractor immediately. This is because electrocution can cause serious health problems, including cardiac arrest, respiratory failure, and even death. Electrocution also suggests that your home's wiring is not up to code and needs to be repaired or replaced. A credible contractor can assess the situation and make the necessary repairs.
The Breaker Keeps Tripping
If your breaker keeps tripping, it signs an electrical problem in your home. It could be something as simple as a faulty appliance or a loose wire. However, it could also signify a more serious problem, such as an overloaded circuit or faulty wiring. A residential electrical contractor can determine the cause of the problem and make the necessary repairs.
The Outlets or Switches Don't Work
You need functional outlets and switches in your home to use electrical appliances and lighting. If an outlet or switch isn't working, it could be due to a loose wire or a faulty connection. It could also be a sign of a more serious problem, such as an electrical short. This is not only a nuisance but also a safety hazard. A residential electrical contractor can troubleshoot the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Having exposed wires in your home is not only unsightly but also dangerous. Exposed wires can cause electrical shock and even start a fire. If you have small children or pets, it is especially important to have exposed wires repaired as soon as possible. A residential electrical contractor can replace or repair the exposed wires so that your home is safe.
While you can't always avoid electrical problems, you can take steps to minimize the risk of them occurring. It is also important to know when to call a professional residential electrical contractor. By following these tips, you can ensure that your home is safe and free of electrical hazards. Contact a residential electrical repair contractor today for all your electrical needs.